Mail Subscription - No Web Interface Yet
Use Majordomo by mail instead
No Web Interface - Yet
- A web interface will be installed some [long] time later.
- Until a web interface is added, you have no choice - use
the Majordomo mail interface to do
- Majordomo was introduced because
I was swamped with
manual mail list administration trivia, & wasn't getting
free time to install extra software etc.
- Anyone telling you a web interface is easier, is glossing over
the full truth:
Web servers can't trust you to be who you say you are,
so after you've clicked about,
they too, just like majordomo, mail you something
you must reply to, to confirm you the owner of the the mail address really
are who you said you were, & that you do authorise whatever was requested
Later one of these web interfaces will probably go into
- `Mailman' - Its agressive once per minute loop
default had severe consequences on the slow 2nd reserve
test host. No time yet for further testing & fixing,
to discover what else may be lurking.
- `Majorcool' - Possible, but not tried.