(SMS = Short Message Service = Text Message on phone)
Contact me some other way, Not
- No personal SMS unless you are happy for me Not To Reply.
- If you want a reply: Pay for it !
Phone ! A short phone call can be
cheaper on telecom charges & human time. than multiple
SMS, & faster to come to a decision in real time.
- My time is too valuable to waste tediously squinting at
SMS's in tiny & ill lit screens, composing SMS's. on an
crippled keyboards, with max 160 limits.
- On none of the numerous social & sports etc activities I
arrange & help with, will I stop travelling or
anything else, to send you an SMS.
- If it's urgent, phone me, don't SMS me ! SMS's may sit
days or weeks unseen.
If you want an answer, phone me, don't SMS me !
- I won't waste time, squinting to type replies into
nasty little numeric phone keyboards, & I'm not
interested in T9 wrongly predictive keyboards, nor do I
feel the urge to use a smart phone for dumb SMS.
- Web to SMS gateways I don't use: waste of my
- Email to SMS gateways I usually avoid. Needing to
keep SMS short to save you the recipient money, wastes my
- I don't pay to return an SMS with a phone call unless
it's urgent pre paid business.
- Club Members & Events: I don't respond if I am
organising an event free, & people attending try to
save their money & time at my expense, by sending me
an SMS they want an SMS or phone answer from me at my
expense of time & money. So phone me or don't expect
- SMS's are wildly profitable for phone companies, which is
why they promote them. You'r a sucker if you waste time with
them rather than interactive phoning.
- I've known supposedly intelligent people assert "SMS is
cheap, effective, great etc, & they use it all the time".
I've chuckled at their SMS bills, & been annoyed at their
typing SMSs while delaying me, walking at half speed, talking
like zombies. Make a quick interactive phone or mobile call
at full speed ! !
- Do Not SMS me if you want a reply
or it's urgent. - Pay for a proper Phone or mobile phone