Warning: DO Not Currently Use The
Contact organiser direct instead!
Form Below Has Been Deliberately De-Activated, To NOT Send
De-activation will continue until the form is needed for the
next big ski trip.
Why You Must Use Booking
(& Can Not Book By Phone Or Over A Beer In A Pub or
Coffee in my flat)
- Organiser is
busy on other things, each time 10 to 40 people randomly
phone & interrupt him, & he frequently forgets to ask
all he'll need to know later. : It's unfair to burden him
with the responsibility of phoning you back later, chasing
you for answers the questions on this form will prompt you to
- If there's eg 15 to organise in a ski group, the organiser's
time is 15 times as scarce & valuable as yours. (The
biggest trip was once 40: a nightmare to organise - time
- The club is
extremely short of downhill organisers
competent & willing to organise weekend trips, but we're
not short of skiers.
- It'd be daft to waste the time of one of the very few
remaining downhill ski weekend organisers,
with administrative trivia I have invested time to
- Just fellow organisers
of downhill ski trips may sometimes be given the small bonus
of choosing whether or not to book by phone or web form, but
best if they use the form too.
- Volunteer to organise 1 & 2 day trips are Very
welcome to contact Julian.
Before Filling Form
- Please Read Information Sheet
- Beware Rogues: The vast majority of people who come with
us have lots of fun, but one gets rogues too, so help play
"Spot The Looney ! Here's how:
Warning: You Owe Us Obligation To Fit In &
Adapt To Us If You Join Us
- You Must fit in & adapt to group &
particularly to organiser's
requirements, else do Not come.
- We Ski
Group & Organisers
, & Author) Charge No
Money... So ...
- Be flexible: Not demanding: You are not a
paying customer; You have No customer rights or
entitlements. This is NOT some commercial package
- Do what's convenient for Organiser:
Who is not paid to work for your preferences, &
has lots of Other skiers to organise for too, Organisers
is there primarily to ski & have fun, Not to work
- Do what's convenient for Drivers: they are
not taxi drivers paid to run around for passenger
convenience; if you want something special, pay extra
petrol, & try persuasion with free coffee/ cake/
- Avoid provoking organiser
& Drivers who are there to Ski & have fun,
not paid to provide for you.
If you won't adapt to fit in: Do Not Come
- Deliberate trouble makers (yes there are
egotists who occasionally deliberately annoy
Organisers &/or drivers) are Not
- Ruining the ski organiser's
weekend is not tolerated - It cancels next year's
trip, which hurts everyone.
- Ruining the ski group's happy mood is not
- Deliberate trouble makers are fined part of
or all their deposit &/or dumped &/or
ostracised by group members, & other organisers
etc warned that they are trouble not worth
- If you reckon your personal individual
understanding/ experience, or desires are any
where near as important, balanced, or informed as
some of us who have 20 years experience
organising trips, realise you are almost
certainly Wrong, & won't fit in, so do Not
Pay a commercial
travel company instead.
- OTHERS PLEASE HELP
- Do NOT let your organiser
be abused - Interrupt a trouble maker.
- Allowing trouble makers to occasionally make the
weekend a hell for Organisers,
without interrupting them, is lousey thanks to the
organiser, discourages new Organisers
& more trips. (We've had trips not run next year,
because a rogue the year before destroyed the organiser's
interest to work unpaid next year.
- We've too few Organisers
& trips, the remaining very few Organisers
really need Your personal active intervention to
prevent occasional rogues spoiling current &
future trips !
- Keep Thinking & Volunteer Please help Organiser, Drivers, & rest of group
where possible. Do Not switch brain off, think & plan
ahead ! What might go wrong ? How can you help ?
- No Phone Booking ! At
least not for Julian's
trips. (The form ensure you answer questions you
would forget otherwise, )
- No families, kids, animals, disabled etc.
(Sorry, but we do not need More complication &
- No smokers: Certainly none on Julian's
trips, (& in fact none of our organisers
smoke, & I know of none who will tolerate it at table
when they organise, & most or maybe all our drivers
won't tolerate it in their cars.)
- Book & pay deposits as individuals or
- Couples: Your partner can fill in the form for you,
& pay the deposit for you, no need to fill the form
twice, once per person. If you do not want to rely on
your partner getting all your info right, you can send
your own form for both of you, too.
- No group bookings: (Sub groups tend to be too
independent, & not fit in).
Data privacy & security
- The green icon marks data probably seen by
- The red icon marks data probably
mostly for organiser
- The data on this form is not encrypted, (This
form collects data using plain http not https. The
data is mailed on to organiser
Browser Settings - Not Much Needed !
Your Browser Does Not Need:
- Graphic Images.
- Colour (though it helps)
- Cookies ( No data is stored on your computer
- Pop Ups
- Any particular browser, (I mostly test
on Firefox, but use any).
- Any particular operating system. (I mostly
test on FreeBSD,
but use any).
- Any particular screen size
- Any particular screen resolutions
- Any particular fonts,
- Any particular colour palette/ background
(though I assume you have not assigned red,
green, light grey or black as background
- https (secure http).
(Sometime company proxy server's don't pass
it for their employee's client browsers out to the
Internet, so this form doesn't require it, (but no
https makes optional bank info insecure, so best do
not give organiser
bank info on this form).
- No password to remember for your data, - it's
not stored for you to edit on net servers.
Your browser needs to support:
- Forms (nearly all do).
- Tables (nearly all do).
You cannot click to copy last year's older data back
into the form:
- It avoids data security issues for us.
- It avoids me spending time unpaid implementing
- Type it in again this year, & check your
info is still correct
- Or mouse copy/ cut & paste from your own
file copy from last year, but check it is still